Winning Agent Pro Set up Instructions

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Winning Agent Pro Set up Instructions

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chrish46 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

benjeeno
    Participant

WP 3.8.1
    Winning Agent Pro Theme

Am I to assume that the Communities area of the homepage is derived from Posts? If so, I’m aware that I could use Post Types Order to order them at the top of all Posts to show there.

However, I would rather choose a Category assigned to each of those featured content posts to be selected from within the Home Communities Widget. Is it possible to add that?

Can you recommend a better or alternative way?

Or better yet, first explain in detail how that set up is? It isn’t clear in the demo instructions.

Thank you.

Don’t have a live URL yet.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  benjeeno.

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Communities has special post type section, look on left side of WordPress Dashboard. Alternate way could be assigning community category to posts and using featured posts widget to display them.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

benjeeno
    Participant

Thanks. I can understand that but as it is set up do you create a Post for each listing, install the Communities widget in the Home Communities section, and those posts will just show there? So far, I’ve only ever used Featured Posts Widget or the Advanced Featured Posts Widget (which doesn’t like to play with html5 sites).

cdils
    Participant

Hi,

There are instructions here for setting up the Winning Agent Pro theme per the demo (this specific link is for the home page):

http://www.winningagent.com/winning-agent-pro-theme-setup/#home-page

There’s a widget called Featured Communities which is used to display the communities post type.

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

benjeeno
    Participant

Yes, Carrie, thank you. That specific part of the demo instruction wasn’t clear to me. Do you create Home Communities as a Post or Listing? And then how does it select the posts? I’m looking at it like I can select a category from within it but I don’t see a drop down to select a category?

cdils
    Participant

Communities are not a post or a listing – they’re a unique post type and can be created as Davinder suggested. There are not any categories (taxonomies) associated with Communities by default, though you could register a taxonomy if you wanted that customization.

The Featured Communities widget doesn’t support a category/taxonomy drop-down since it wasn’t designed that way. If you want to use a different widget, I’d suggest downloading the Genesis Featured Post Type Widget off Github (it’s not an official SP plugin, but it’s basically a riff off the Featured Post widget but with support for custom post types + it’s HTML5).

If you’re wanting a relationship to exist between Communities and Listings, you might like at the Post2Post plugin.

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

benjeeno
    Participant

Carrie, either I’m blind or that CPT isn’t showing in my Dashboard. I’m not at the computer right now that has the dev site, but I’ll let you know if I’m blind or not.

So Nick finally completed the rework of GFWA? Or is this one Github like it?

benjeeno
    Participant

Just looked at the dev site. I was blind, now I see.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  benjeeno.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  benjeeno.

cdils
    Participant

Hallelujah! :)

chrish46
    Participant

Can anyone help me with my background image. I do not understand why the whole picture is not showing?
    Thank You,

http://downtownchicagoluxurycondos.com/

cdils
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Looks like you haven’t finished site setup. Adding content to the search bar widget (which has additional top padding) will “reveal” more of your image.

If you need additional help, please start a new support topic.

Cheers,
    Carrie

chrish46
    Participant

Thank You!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Winning Agent Pro Set up Instructions’ is closed to new replies.