WIshList Members have access to genesis admin menus

Community Forums Forums General Discussion WIshList Members have access to genesis admin menus

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kellywilliamsva
    Participant

I’m troubleshooting a WishList Member site using Genesis Education theme. The user roles are set to Subscriber for the 5 levels of membership, however, when any new members are added, they are being given User Permissions access to the Genesis Admin Menus: Genesis Admin menu,  SEO Settings submenu, and Import/Export submenu. I have to manually un-check the boxes for each member after they are registered. I’ve got 200 to import so trying to avoid this by fixing the setting somewhere.

Wishlist support took a look at the install and inside the site at the member levels which revealed nothing setup incorrectly. They believe it’s a theme issue and I cannot find where this might be an issue in the theme settings.

Does anyone know how to eliminate this so the Subscriber level does not have any admin privileges?

Thanks so much!

http://www.nenaticket.com

anitac
    Participant

Check out Brian Gardner’s instructions here. See if this will work for you – http://www.briangardner.com/code/admin-management/.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

kellywilliamsva
    Participant

Thank you, anitac.

This does work but does remove the menus from my view as the admin, also. I installed the User Role plugin to control the Subscribers to ‘read’ only. This removes the post area from their view; I can see the Admin Menu boxes are still checked in their profile, but they cannot.

I’d prefer not to use another plugin as a workaround, but it will allow me to resolve the issue manually by unchecking their access with less urgency.

essaysnark
    Participant

You could do a conditional check on it – something like

[php]
    if(!current_user_can(‘administrator’) {
    remove_theme_support( ‘genesis-admin-menu’ );
    }
    [/php]

kellywilliamsva
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, essaysnark. Unfortunately, I crashed the site inserting that code so once fixed, the User Role Editor worked. I do still have to edit each User to remove the Genesis admin privileges. It’s a bummer the theme and WishList are not playing nice together.

Anyone else have this issue and discovered a resolution?

anitac
    Participant

I’ll send out a Tweet to see if we can get some high tech folks over here on this one! :)

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.