WooCommerce Integration Trouble

Community Forums Forums General Discussion WooCommerce Integration Trouble

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tony @ AlphaBlossom 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jondonley
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve read that there have been some issues with folks trying to integrate WooCommerce in with some Genesis themes, so I have been going through the various options (such as the Genesis Connect plugin, and additions to the functions.php file) but nothing seems to help.

My issue is that no matter what I set up as the page layout (I’m trying for full-width), the Primary Sidebar keeps popping up below the product listing.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Hello,

On some (all?) themes, WooCommerce replaces the default wrappers with their own wrappers. It’s usually not an issue for me, but occasionally it causes problems.

You can try adding this snippet to your child-theme functions.php and see if it resolves your issue. It will remove the WooCommerce wrap and replace it with the Genesis wrappers.

http://www.alphablossom.com/codes/woocommerce-theme-compatibility-with-genesis-framework-for-wordpress/

I included one of the Genesis default hooks as well…can’t remember if there are more, but if there are and you need them they’re easy to add.

jondonley
    Participant

Thanks for your attempt Tony, but unfortunately this did not have any effect on the page.

I did go ahead and try the Studiopress ‘Genesis Connect for WooCommerce’ plugin again, however, and this time it worked. It seems I had a line in my functions.php file that was overriding the plugin’s effects. Everything is fine now!

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

That’s great…sorry my suggestion didn’t help, but I”m glad you got it sorted out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.