WordPress: How do you enable cURL?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion WordPress: How do you enable cURL?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

Has anyone successfully enabled cURL? I have a plugin that says it is best to use that. I cannot find anything related to WordPress.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

cURL has to be activated on the server. It is independent of WordPress. You will want to check with your host to see if cURL is enabled and if not if it can be enabled. In some hosting environments it can be enabled via a php.ini or even .htaccess file.

Bill Murray
    Participant

cURL is a library to make HTTP requests in PHP, in other words to access URLs not on your server. There are other ways to do this, but cURL is normally the preferred method. It’s not something that is WordPress specific. It’s tied to how PHP is configured on your server. If you’re not familiar with installing or configuring PHP on a server, you’re best served by asking your host.

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

AC
    Blocked

Thanks Bill, I noticed there was a link to check to see if cURL was enabled and it was already enabled allowing me to use it. I am installing the Email to Download plugin and it works pretty well.

AC
    Blocked

Thanks Nick, I never saw your post here. I hope you didn’t get caught in the spam folder! LOL!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.