WordPress Plugin Install Failed

Community Forums Forums General Discussion WordPress Plugin Install Failed

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Zach Russell 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Yesterday I installed a new plugin on my WordPress website. (Genesis Simple Headers). But right after I clicked install my website went in ‘maintenance mode’ and didn’t come out of it for a about 14 to 20 minutes. Still there was .maintenance file on my server and WordPress told me that the upgrade failed and that I should try again. But it seems everything went right, but only the warning message didn’t disappear. So I deleted the .maintenance file in the root directory. And everything seems to be working fine.

But, I am worried that, after the install went wrong and WordPress didn’t deleted the .maintenance file itself, there maybe are security issue’s with my WordPress website. It’s not based on anything, it’s just a feeling. So is it possible that there are any security holes in my WordPress (3.5.1) website after a install / upgrade went wrong? Maybe file permissions that aren’t what they supposed to be? Or does WordPress that care of this in case something went wrong?

AC
    Blocked

When you did your upgrade, did it seem to take a long time for it to upgrade, i.e., sat there for a while? This happened to me and I ended up installing a fresh copy of WP. I don’t think it’s a security thing, I think it may have timed out at some point. Who is your host?

wpspeak
    Participant

… So is it possible that there are any security holes in my WordPress (3.5.1) website after a install / upgrade went wrong?

NO.

AC
    Blocked

That is a third party plugin. You probably should post what happened on the support page of the plugin – http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/genesis-simple-headers.

Zach Russell
    Participant

I agree with anitac, you probably should contact the plugin support. You may also want to check your error log to see if there is anything odd going on there. I’ve had permissions issues causing WordPress to stay in maintenance mode before.

———-
    Zach Russell
    President, ProTech Internet Group

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.