Youtube Widget or Player

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Youtube Widget or Player

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  klipklopp 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

klipklopp
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to embed/show Youtube videos on my side with the following features:

– Ability to replace the Youtube-generated thumbnail with one of my own
    – When a user clicks to play, the video opens in the middle of the screen (not fullscreen – but a predetermined size larger than the thumbnail) with the rest of the screen dark or whited out while the video plays.
    – Disable related videos following play of the current video
    – Disable display of the title
    – Disable display of the Youtube hyperlink – basically give the view no opportunity to click a link to Youtube and thus leave my site

Can anyone suggest a widget, player or place to look for code that will accomplish this?

Many thanks.

Ted

Lisa at OG
    Participant

Hi there,

I would recommend a plugin called WP Video Lightbox. It allows you to replace the image thumbnail with one of your own, it will open in a lightbox and you can determine the size you want it to be.

As for disabling related videos from playing at the end of the current video, just ensure that when you go to get the embed code from YouTube that you “uncheck” the “Show Suggested Videos When the Video Finishes” option.

There may be a way to remove the title display. You’d have to check the plugin tips and tricks.

As for disallowing people from clicking through to YouTube — there is likely no way to do that (it certainly wouldn’t be to Google’s advantages to allow that). But if you use the lightbox people are less likely to leave anyways because they can view the video right within your website and it’s convenient. BTW, this plugin is compatible for smart phones and all major browsers.

klipklopp
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the recommendation. I purchased the WP Ultimate Lightbox plugin and am working with it now. Do you know if the shortcode parameters such as “showinfo” or show_related_videos” will work with the PrettyPhoto, Fancybox or ColorBox options. I am having trouble getting them to work and can’t find any documentation one way or the other on them.

Thanks!

Ted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.