zigzagpress quality?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion zigzagpress quality?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jhkoning 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

phamhung
    Participant

I am thinking to purchase some themes from zigzagpress. But don’t know about their product quality. Any idea please?

Thanks.

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Overall they are good. However, majority themes are little heavy with lot of script files loading to render fancy effects. Usually child themes on Studiopress.com are light and don’t have that fancy thing going. So take your pick!

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

jhkoning
    Participant

I just thought I’d give this a bit of a bump, as I’m looking at moving my site to Genesis, & Prestige by Zig Zag appeals.
    I do like fast & lean themes though, so I’m not sure I like the sound of script heavy.
    Anyone able to offer any input on code quality etc?
    I don’t mind getting my hands dirty, but I’d prefer not having to delve too deep.
    Thanks,
    Jas

Summer
    Participant

I’m currently using Prestige on a client site, and to be honest I love it. It’s a clean look, and I’ve only had to do some minor CSS tweaks to change some other things.

For some reason, the Genesis 2.0 version of Prestige has TONS of extra whitespace all throughout the php files, making it harder to read… I have no idea why they did that, if it was accidental or what. It’s just bizarre. Some of the ways they handle custom code irk me a bit, but nowhere near as much as in some other non-Genesis child themes I use.

Support has been pretty good, although I am still waiting on a response to a quirk I have regarding how Prestige handles post meta and post info on the custom post types (over 2 weeks now). I’m using MarketPress as the catalog and no one here, at WPMU or ZigZag has been able to figure a clean way to remove them yet… I may have to go medieval on it, but that is way down the list of things I need to do to finalize the site for the client.

I’ve also used Megalithe on a project, including the LayerSlider, and that turned out to be fun to play with, too.

HelenaB
    Participant

I’ve used a couple of their themes for clients and found them to be fine. I’m a little paranoid too so it’s always good to ask!

jhkoning
    Participant

Thanks so much for the responses, I feel a little more comfortable giving these guys a go now – despite having had a look at their support forums & noting the response times are seriously average (on the whole).
    Thanks again,
    Jas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.