Education Theme – tertiary sidebar/new template?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Education Theme – tertiary sidebar/new template?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  carrie 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

carrie
    Participant

Hi all,

We’re using the Education theme for our new site. We want the primary and secondary sidebar (on the right) on the front page (and maybe other pages) BUT for at least one of the interior pages we want a tertiary sidebar – like the secondary sidebar only on it’ll go on the left. Is there now an easy way of doing this without messing up the periodic theme updates? Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m asking about creating a new/custom template?

Thanks,

Carrie

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  carrie. Reason: spelling error
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  carrie. Reason: spelling error

Susan

You don’t need a new template – try Genesis Simple Sidebars. It will allow you to create any number of new sidebars, and place them on whatever page you want.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

carrie
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Thanks, I see how this can work but is there a way of having this page with the secondary/new sidebar on the left but without the primary sidebar on the right?

Cheers,

Carrie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.