Limit Sixteen Nine home page articles

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Limit Sixteen Nine home page articles

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ms Chris
    Participant

Is there any way I can limit the number of articles/post that display on the home page? I’d like it to only show ONE.

http://lowcountryapnews.com

Livin’ Life and Lovin’ the Lord!

Robin
    Participant

You can change the number of posts in the Settings ==> Reading ==> Blog pages show at most

or (and probably better solution for you)

Choose a static page or post in the Settings ==> Reading ==> Front page displays

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

Ms Chris
    Participant

Thank you. One quick question, if I choose to use settings — reading ——blog pages, will this effect every page and make it only show one blog at a time, or just the front page?

And is there a way to have a page that simply list all the pot (like an archive page that displays on op, then the actual post listed at the bottom?

Livin’ Life and Lovin’ the Lord!

Robin
    Participant

question 1: Since 16-9 is a setup as a blog template, that setting will allow only one blog post to appear on the home page. A visitor would have to click through to the next page to see the next post.

question 2: If you want that set up for the home page, you would need to set up a widgetized home.php

HTH

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.