Simple Sidebars and CPT archive

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Simple Sidebars and CPT archive

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  agent314 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Just Me
    Participant

I have simple sidebars installed and working for my custom post type.

The CPT is “ministryseo,” and I have created a specific sidebar for it. This part is working beautifully.

The problem is that the archive for ministryseo still displays the default sidebar.

How do I add the specific sidebar to to the archive?

(I don’t have any of this publicly viewable.)

http://www.techgeekministries.com

braddalton
    Participant

Similar to posts/pages, you can also deploy unique sidebars on a per category/tag basis as well. Just go to the edit category/tag screen in your WordPress dashboard, and select the sidebar(s) to be used.

Source:http://www.studiopress.com/plugins/simple-sidebars

Don’t think you can on custom post type archives.

What you could do is use the Conditional Logic plugin with conditional tags for your widgets you want displayed on the custom post type archive.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

agent314

Howdy… I realize there’s not much activity on this thread in a while but it seems relevant… I’m using Simple Sidebars, works fine for Pages and Posts… but archives and such it reverts to the default sidebar… I’ve seen numerous posts about being able to select sidebars for categories and tags… But I’ve looked and looked and looked… and it just isn’t there. WP 3.9.1 and everything’s up to date… Author archives, same problem.

What am I missing? :-) Certainly would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.