January 8, 2013 at 12:55 am #10299
Just upgraded to Genesis 1.9 and my Agency 1 site homepage lost ALL of the formatting and it seems like the widgets placed in the different homepage areas were put into the "inactive" place.
Is there an easy way to restore it or do I need to drag everything back, etc., etc. etc. ?
Note: have two Agency 2 websites that don't seem to have this problem. Better to upgrade this site to Agency 2 as well? Reluctant to, as have some custom formats for colors, etc.
AdamJanuary 8, 2013 at 12:56 am #10300
FYI, menus all disappeared as well.January 8, 2013 at 3:06 am #10309
I don't know if you already checked it, but in the comments section of the announcement are a lot of resolved issues: http://www.studiopress.com/releases/genesis-framework-19.htm
Blogger from Germany.
Ich schreibe über Traffic Optimierung und Marketing für BlogsJanuary 8, 2013 at 10:02 am #10368
Thanks, but the upgrade CREATED issues, so what it resolved isn't relevant to me.January 8, 2013 at 10:10 am #10373
re-enabled menus, but of course there's still no formatting. so menus was turned off in the upgrade. am i going to have to re-enable EVERYTHING? not a good upgrade if it undermines the child themes.January 8, 2013 at 10:11 am #10374
re-enabled menus, but of course there's still no formatting. so menus was turned off in the upgrade. am i going to have to re-enable EVERYTHING? not a good upgrade if it undermines the child themes.
actually, my webpage looks purely like a genesis, and no child theme is active at all.January 8, 2013 at 10:15 am #10376
re-enabled menus, but of course there's still no formatting. so menus was turned off in the upgrade.
and i put my widgets back into the homepage sections.
AND, still looks like no child theme (Agency 1.01) formatting showing up, color or position.
AdamJanuary 8, 2013 at 10:43 am #10383
Check the name of the folder that your child theme is in. If there is a space in it ( eg. My Theme ) remove the space ( MyTheme ).
I had a similar problem. Everything on the child theme worked except the CSS. After hours of frustration I finally figured it out. Don't ask my why it happened.
Anyway hope that helps.
RobJanuary 8, 2013 at 1:38 pm #10433
rob, thanks, that pointed me into the right direction, finally got it figured out, though disappointed no one from studio press had anything to offer on this one.
adamJanuary 8, 2013 at 5:13 pm #10487
Glad I could help. I think the Studiopress team is probably in over their heads right now. 🙂 Just check the comments on Brian Gardner's post.
Anyway. I'm glad you got it fixed.January 8, 2013 at 5:44 pm #10501
They came out with a version 1.9.1 to fix a bug with users losing their styles. Maybe upgrading to the latest version will assist with any issues (if you haven't already resolved them).
I believe @robskidmore is probably right - I image they are busy working on the help desk tickets today.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.