Occasionally, even the most mature software needs a little freshening up. Instead of focusing on big new features and large changes, we opted to go through the backlog of bug reports and enhancement suggestions. The result is a much more polished and stable Genesis Framework.
We have big plans for Genesis 2.4 and beyond! So making sure that we focused on these important details seemed like the logical choice for a 2.3 release.
Check out the improvements in 2.3 below!
New and Improved
- A CHANGELOG.md file for the project. (yay!)
- Simplified the stylesheet, removed unnecessary styles to discourage use as active theme.
- Update to normalize.css 4.1.1.
- Update our theme tags in style.css.
- Improve the look of the settings screens.
- Pass entry image link through the markup API.
- Add a toolbar link to CPT archive settings when viewing a CPT archive.
- Add shortcodes for site title and home link.
- Enable after entry widget area for all post types via post type support.
- Hide layout selector when only one layout is supported.
- Use TinyMCE (visual editor) for archive intro text input.
- Allow foreign language characters in content limit functions.
- Add accessibility to the paginated post navigation.
- Allow adjacent single entry navigation via post type support.
- Added relative_depth parameter to date shortcodes.
- Use correct class for superfish hover state.
- Prevent empty footer widgets markup.
- Prevent empty spaces in entry footer of CPTs.
- Prevent author shortcode from outputting empty markup when no author is assigned.
- Disable author box on entries where post type doesn’t support author.
- Disable author shortcode output if author is not supported by post type.
- Fix issue with no sitemap when running html5 and no a11y support for 404 page.
- Exclude posts page from page selection dropdown in Featured Page widget.