We are pleased to announce that our free starter theme — Genesis Sample — has received a major update.
We added features that make it easier and faster to use right out of the box. Other changes make the customization process more efficient.
Excited? You should be. Read on …
Genesis Sample: Better than ever before
The new Sample theme focuses on accessibility. We added the accessible mobile menu many of our recent themes feature as well as accessibility support for the 404 page. We’ve also added HTML5 support for gallery and captions.
The theme customizer is more robust, too. It now includes:
- A custom header option which allows you to display a crisp, retina-ready version of your logo.
- The option to dynamically change the primary link color.
- An easy way to dynamically change the button background color. This update includes a lightness/darkness detector which automatically changes button text color so it maximizes readability no matter what button background color you use.
You’ll enjoy a number of other features like the After Entry Widget Area, Landing Page Template, and larger gravatars. The secondary navigation has been repositioned to the footer, too.
You might also spot a new font, Source Sans Pro and other design improvements like lighter navigation and footer widget backgrounds.
Here is a full list of the changes in this latest version of Genesis Sample:
- Added accessibile mobile menu
- Added accessibility support for the 404 Page
- Added the custom header option to upload your own logo
- Added customizer option for primary color
- Added HTML5 support for gallery and captions
- Optimized Avatars for Retina Display
- Added the After Entry Widget Area
- Repositioned the secondary navigation menu to the footer
- Added theme defaults
- Added Landing Page template
- Added image size
- Set localization
- Updated XML file
While you’re at it, head to your My StudioPress dashboard to download it now.