We are very happy to announce the release of the Genesis Theme Framework. This has been an ongoing development project for over two months and we’re ready for liftoff! In addition, we’re also pleased to announce that two child themes are available – the Executive child theme and the Mocha child theme.
About the Genesis Theme Framework
The Genesis Theme Framework is built on a simple vanilla blog-type parent theme, and can be extended with the use of child themes. Each child theme will come with it’s own home file, which will make extending the parent theme very easy. It will also have it’s own functions file as well. In addition, we’ve built some custom widgets that will make adding content much easier on the User.
Here’s a List of Custom Widgets We’ve Built
- My Tweets – displays an unordered list of your latest Tweets (view widget)
- User Profile – displays the Gravatar of a user, as well as their biography and a link to an about page (view widget)
- eNews & Updates – displays an opt-in box for users to sign up for delivery of your posts by email (view widget)
- Featured Posts – displays post excerpts and a thumbnail to be used in a homepage featured section (view widget)
- Featured Page – displays page excerpts and a thumbnail to be used in a homepage featured section (view widget)
The Genesis Theme Framework Marketplace
We are also in the preliminary stages of the Genesis Theme Framework marketplace, which will allow designers to develop/sell child themes here on StudioPress. You can take a look to see what a featured Designer page will look like. There are two ways to be involved in the Genesis Theme Marketplace:
- Designers can submit PSD designs, which StudioPress will be responsible for coding
- Developers can submit full child themes, which we will review for code compatibility, efficiency, etc
Now’s the Time to Become (or Upgrade to) Our Pro-Plus Membership
If you have been sitting on the fence about becoming an All Themes Pro-Plus member here at StudioPress, now’s the time – as of Monday February 8th, we will be increasing our package to $249.95. Until then, we will be maintaining our current $199.95 price – which is a complete steal if you think about it. With the launch of the Genesis Theme Framework, and a number of child themes in development, you won’t find a better bargain. And oh, did I mention that the Pro-Plus membership includes access to and support for all StudioPress current and future themes/child themes, too?
BuddyPress Add-Ons Currently in Beta Testing
We’re very happy to say that WPMU/BuddyPress gurus Ron and Andrea Rennick will be developing “add-on” packages that can be purchased/supported at Premium BuddyPress Themes. We felt that made sense, since they both have extensive knowledge with the software and how it can be implemented. You can sign up to test-drive the Genesis theme framework/BuddyPress integration over at their site.
How About Some Customizations?
Even through the beta testing of the Genesis Theme Framework, some of us have used it to launch new site designs. Chris Ford, of Creativity Included and myself have both redesigned our sites with it. Take a look: